These days Greek yogurt dominates the yogurt aisle. The rich creamy texture coupled with a high-protein, low-sugar punch is not only taste friendly, but waistline friendly. Here, at Better Whey, we believe foods that pack a powerful-health punch, must also deliver flavors that make your mouth light-up. That said, there are other ways (than simply eating a la carte) that this tasty healthy Greek yogurt may be doctored-up!
- Break out the popsicle stand! As we head into the smoking-hot days of summer, there’s no reason why you can’t keep your smoking-hot figure, while enjoying a good-for-you treat! That’s where Better Whey Greek yogurt pops come in! Nab one of our innovative, tongue-tantalizing flavors, such as Acai Mixed Berry or Blackberry Pomegranate, and spoon out into popsicle holders. Once inside the popsicle mold, insert a stick, place in the freezer, and enjoy any time of day! A perfect snack or dessert that’s big on taste and small on your waistline!
- Mix it right! Goodbye mayo and heavy dressings … and hello to a Better Whey! Mixing tuna or chicken salad? Opt for plain Better Whey instead. More protein, fiber, and creaminess and less fat, calories, and plainness! Do we really need to say more?
- Time to get fruity: Adore fruit cobbler, but not the fat? We do too and have a quick easy fix! Get a mini-pie pan (or a few), spray with a non-stick cooking spray, fill with fruit of choice (berries, chopped pears, and pineapple are our top picks), bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes or until fork tender, and remove. Once out of the oven, top with a few tablespoons of your yogurt of choice, and a tablespoon or two of granola or slivered almonds. Pineapple with Strawberry Goji Berry and almonds is a Better Whey favorite. So good
- Dip-it up: Mix plain Better Whey with a pinch of diced cucumbers, minced garlic, onion flakes (optional), garlic salt, and paprika to taste for a healthier, heartier dip! Bring out the whole-grain pitas and veggie sticks!
- Dress your fish right: It’s time to do your fish the favor of dishing up a sauce that’s big on taste and kind to your middle. Blend our lowfat plain Better Whey with lemon juice, capers and minced garlic to taste and top your heart-healthy sea eats. We love this sauce on salmon or tilapia, but it truly works on anything!
What’s your favorite way to eat Greek yogurt?
Corinne Dobbas, MS, RD is a San Francisco-based registered dietitian specializing in nutrition, health communications, and social media. She develops news segments for television stations, writes articles for various health and wellness sites, speaks at conferences, frequently guests for wellness groups in the online social media realm, counsels, and serves as a nutrition and social media consultant. Passionate about empowering people to reach and maintain a state of optimal wellness, Corinne’s messages reach thousands of people every day. Corinne strives to help people cultivate the best, healthiest, and happiest “you” there is. To learn more about Corinne, visit http://www.corinnedobbas.com/.