By: Corinne Dobbas, MS, RD
Kids are heading back to school and that means one thing—you need healthy items that are quick-to-make, portable, and “kid approved.” We’ve got some ideas for you that meet all of these criteria. Enjoy!
- Frozen berries & Better Whey: pop a Better Whey yogurt in a to-go container, add frozen berries, and have kids enjoy as a snack any time of day or as pre-practice fuel. The frozen berries help keep the yogurt cold and provide extra fiber and antioxidants.
- Greek yogurt pops: Simply take Greek yogurt, stick in popsicle molds, insert a stick, and freeze! Add fruit for extra punch! Kids will adore these as a dessert or snack.
- Baked fruit topped with Better Whey: Bake pears or pineapple at 350, until fork tender, and spoon your kids’ favorite flavor of Better Whey for a creamy treat with a punch of calcium. Our favorite combos: Acai Mixed Berry over baked or grilled apple and Raspberry White Grape Better Whey atop baked pears.
- Filled strawberries: dice strawberries halfway through, vertically, and fill with an icing bag that’s stuffed with your child’s favorite flavor of Better Whey. These make great snacks or kid-friendly party appetizers!
- Ants the Better Whey: Fill chopped celery sticks with Better Whey Greek yogurt and top with raisins, cranberries, or better yet, fresh berries! A combo we love: celery topped with Strawberry Goji Berry and fresh blueberries.
Corinne Dobbas, MS, RD is a San Francisco-based registered dietitian specializing in nutrition, health communications, and social media. Passionate about empowering people to reach and maintain a state of optimal wellness, Corinne’s messages reach thousands of people every day. Corinne strives to help people cultivate the best, healthiest, and happiest “you” there is. To learn more about Corinne, visit http://www.corinnedobbas.com/.